- for rough estimates of your blood alcohol content -
BAC Blood Alcohol Concentration
The Drink Wheel is an online breath-alcohol concentration calculator from the Parkside Borough Police Department in PA. It will calculate a rough estimate of the concentration of Alcohol in your blood based on how much you have been drinking.
These rough estimates of BAC are for an average healthy person and assume typical beverage sizes, recipes and alcohol content.
This BAC Calculator requires the "Adobe Flash Player" plugin to be enabled in your browser. For browser security reasons, after using the BAC calculator, you may wish to disable the Adobe Flash plugin until you need it again..
Number of Drinks and BAC from 1 hour of drinking
From "Police Notebook" University of Oklahoma Police Department.
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC)
Drinking alcohol affects your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC).
In California, it is illegal for any person to operate:
- A motor vehicle with a BAC of 0.08% or higher.
- Any vehicle requiring a commercial driver license (with or without a commercial driver license issued to the driver), with a BAC of 0.04% or higher.
- A motor vehicle with a BAC of 0.01% or higher, if the person is under age 21.
- A motor vehicle with a BAC of 0.01% or higher at any age if the person is on DUI probation.